Sunday, September 6, 2009

I want to fall into the Fall and never come out again Part 2

Here are some more fun photos from our trip:

Here are feathers I hid in my mom's hair during the drive. Meredith and I giggled for a while about it. Bwa ha ha she had no idea!!!


Here's me with my Dad


Here is Meredith, Hannah, Adam and my Dad.




I had plans this weekend (Labor Day) to visit my long time friend, Linda, in Nashville. Two weeks ago, she got a job for the semester in Guatemala. So my latest travels to DC and Virginia must last me a while longer. Traveling is so great. I mean really, soooo wonderful.


So over the summer, I'd been having a hard time concentrating on my job.

I'm just ready for a new challenge. For several reasons I knew this would mean a move. I didn't see myself working at one of the three hospitals in Gainesville was one. I would love to explore a different state. I would also love to be out of debt. Assuming many things (like I will still be here and the states will too-in the future) I'm putting the exploration on hold. I decided to start applying for jobs in the Tampa Bay area and my home of Pinellas County.

Upon my return from the family trip, I got an interview set up here. I made a list of must haves. I made a list of questions (for them). It was a night position which I didn't really want. I had come to terms with working nights short term if I had to to get the job I wanted. The floor is a medical surgical floor with an emphasis in oncology.

Allow me to say that I've never worked in oncology and it scares me.

So the interview was good, it had a good sense of community and it's in Tarpon Springs, which is a town I love. Not to mention that even though I grew up approx. 10 miles south of this area, I feel as if it's all completely new to me. Because it is.

The next week they called and offered me the job. Oh yea and a day position. Talk about God giving us the desires of our hearts. I could have cried. I accepted. I'm moving back in with my parents for a temporary amount of time. Then Rose and I are planning on living together. Oh I feel so grown up...and I'm getting tired thinking about it.

I'm VERY excited though. I don't really know what to expect over the next couple of months. I will be returning my leased vehicle and purchasing a beater with some savings (God help me). I'm getting rid of my desktop-finally, and getting a laptop. So many things will be changing around me, but those are just things.

So here I am, falling into Fall.

No comments:

Life is Good

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm living in Gainesville in this time of transition as I wait for God to reveal the next step. Yea it's pretty sweet.