Sunday, March 15, 2009

Whats been goin on

At the end of February I traveled to Albany, NY for the last exams for school. I had to work at St. Peter's Hospital for the weekend. It was stressful but it's so great to have it over with :-) I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast for the first time and it was AWESOME! What a cutesy town.
Now I will begin studying for the state boards which I hope to take sometime in May. Also I am scoping out jobs for the VA here in Gainesville. The whole hiring process takes a few months. Fortunately enough I have a great job with a great schedule that I don't mind sticking with for a little while longer. I do need something more challenging though and look forward to what's next!

It's funny how plans change

There are times when I can't believe I will most likely be staying in Gainesville. This is a brief review of my moving plans during my residence here.

Year ONE : Planned on moving to Ft. Collins, CO after year TWO.
Year TWO: Decided to stay in Gainesville to finish school.
Year THREE: Planned on moving back to Clearwater with my parents to save money and
pay off debt. There I would apply for jobs overseas under the VA umbrella
(aka department of defense). I also wanted to pursue the idea of living in one
of the bigger US cities. What can I say I love to travel.

So here I am nearing the end of year 3 and my heart has once again been changed. Over the
last few months I have decided that I want to start out at a local VA hospital
which narrows it to Gainesville or Tampa. I thought Adam and Meredith (and Hannah)
would be moving out in May so I figured I would have to come up with living arrangements
either way. Turns out they aren't moving at least for a little while. So this very cheap and
comfortable living situation can continue for a while. Did I mention how much fun we all
have together too! AND it's more time I can love on Hannah.

I definitely see God's hand in all of this and have been relying on His promises. A friend
asked me the other day where I see myself in 5 years. HA! I know better than to plan that.
I can't complain because I haven't been disappointed yet. He's provided a great church and
group of friends I can connect with. Also now that it's March I am appreciating our lovely
weather. I have no idea what's next but (dare I say it) if God wants me in Gainesville for
the rest of my life then that's His choice.

1 comment:

Life is Good

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm living in Gainesville in this time of transition as I wait for God to reveal the next step. Yea it's pretty sweet.